The DMR Method
DMR Method Nonsurgical Innovation
Read Our Cover Stories In MD News!
New Hope for Your Back
DMR Method Nonsurgical Innovation
There are a lot of people who visit our Pequot Lakes chiropractors with lower, middle and upper back issues and struggles, how they happened, what treatments they have tried, what they’ve been doing to find relief and how the back pain has inhibited them and their loved ones from living a great life together; we really have heard it all. The fascinating thing about this is that many of these individuals have actually done plenty of great things to try and resolve the pain; however, the order has been wrong. Here in Pequot Lakes, you can receive what is called the DMR Method. Through this method, the confusion about back conditions ends. Patients who have suffered for years upon years and also had extensive back treatment or even surgery, are shocked when they begin to feel back pain relief almost immediately.
Backed by Years of Clinical Research
The DMR Method stands for diagnose, manage and rehabilitate with a specific evaluation and treatment based on years of experience, case studies, research, pre- and post-MRI scans, and functional index scores. The goal of this painless back pain relief treatment is to give you, the patient, fast and lasting relief from sciatica, stenosis, herniated discs, chronic back and neck pain, and numbness or pain in extremities. Clinical case-study research done since 2006 confirms a 96 percent success rate (decrease symptoms and improve functional abilities by a minimum of 50 percent) even when other treatments had failed. Click here to read more about the DMR Method research.
At Lelwica Chiropractic in Pequot Lakes, evaluation and treatment is provided to you by a team of healthcare professionals which include chiropractors, physical therapists and allied medical professionals. Once the primary condition of your back and neck pain has been identified, treatment will progress in three different phases: Relief, repair and rehabilitation.
The focus of the DMR Method is to rapidly decrease and improve the symptoms and underlying cause of the condition by restoring alignment, stability and mobility to the spine. After completing the DRM Method treatment program, the patient will be given a specifically customized program to stabilize their recovery.
Nothing Else Has Worked. How is the DMR Method Different?
The majority of our patients choose to use the healthcare professionals here at Lelwica Chiropractic in Pequot Lakes after physical therapy, injections, extensive spinal rehab programs and chiropractic care alone didn’t work. Many of these individuals ask, “How is this treatment any different that what I have already tried?” Our answer? There is no other spinal rehab program like the DMR Method. It’s a unique treatment combination that includes modalities provided to clients in a specific order by a talented team of chiropractors, physical therapists and other allied medical professionals. Many of our patients have used many individual components of the DMR Method, however, they have not worked because they simply were given in the wrong order or combination. Included in the DMR Method are different elements, including progression of joint manipulation (Integrated Progressive Manipulation), a muscle massage and mobilization protocol (Dynamic Muscle Technique), and a progression of traction that were developed by the DMR Method clinical team. These elements work together synergistically to help patients achieve rapid and optimal results.
Endorsed by Neurosurgeons, orthopedists, medical radiologists and osteopaths
Allied medical professionals including neurosurgeons, orthopedists, medical radiologists and osteopaths not only contributed knowledge and resources to help develop the DMR Method, but have become one of the largest referral sources!
When should I come in for a DMR Method consult?
There are several ways of discerning whether you need a consult, including:
- If your back seems to be overly sensitive and gets aggravated or injured easily.
- If you’ve been recently injured.
- If spinal surgery has been recommended and it’s not a medical emergency.
- If you’ve had spinal surgery and your symptoms have returned or worsened.
- If previous chiropractic, physical therapy, and other rehabilitation has failed to improve your condition.
If you have any of the following conditions:
- Chronic neck or back pain
- Upper or lower extremity pain, numbness, or weakness
- Herniated disc
- Degenerative disc disease
- Facet syndrome
Does the DMR Method treat conditions other than spinal conditions?
To put it simply, yes. The DRM Method includes a full evaluation and treatment that is highly effective for non-spinal conditions. The DMR Method not only focuses on restoring alignment and mobility, but stabilizing the joins and supportive muscles and ligaments to non-spinal structural conditions, such as sports injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, rotator cuff syndrome, upper and lower extremity pain and hip pain are all treated with equal success.
Is the DMR Method covered by insurance, and can I use my health savings account to pay for treatment?
Yes. The DMR Method qualifies for health insurance coverage, but please note that individual insurance benefits may vary. To do our part in making sure you’re covered, we verify every patient’s insurance benefits prior to treatment to be sure they clearly understand what will and will not be covered by insurance, and what is their own personal responsibility to pay. As your healthcare provider, we will assist you in fulfilling any requirements your health savings account or health insurance provider require to maximize your benefits. Braces, supports, nutritional supplements or other medical supplies are not generally covered by insurance.
Do I need a referral from my doctor for the DMR Method?
No. We don’t require you to have a referral from your doctor, however, your insurance policy may. We do verify every patient’s insurance coverage at the time of your initial DMR Therapy consultation in order to help your receive any necessary refers to maximize your benefits. If you aren’t sure you need a referral or not, give our office in Pequot Lakes a call.
Can I still do the DMR Method if I’ve already had surgery?
There are many patients who underwent surgery prior to completing the DMR Method; their DMR Method treatments were undoubtedly successful. Although these cases may be more challenging to our medical professionals and often require special consideration, they are still eligible for the DMR Method. There are times when our medical professionals will need to communicate with the surgeon who performed the surgery to learn more about the procedure done or to receive special direction. When we accept a patient who has already had surgery, our goal is to provide safe treatment and prevent the need for more surgery.
We’re here to help you!
If you’ve been struggling with back and neck pain for some time now, schedule an appointment with our chiropractors at Lelwica Chiropractic in Pequot Lakes. Our team is happy to review your case and complete a complimentary consultation to help identify if you’re a candidate for the DMR Method.
See Amy’s Case Study Below:
Based on Amy’s case, the Center for Diagnostic Imaging offered to form a partnership with Hopkins Health & Wellness Center, including Lelwica Chiropractic here in Pequot Lakes, to complete a first-ever clinical trial and case study that utilized pre- and post-treatment MRI scans of Lake Pequot patients.
The first DMR Method study was completed in 2010 with the following results:
- 100% of patients reported a significant decrease in symptoms and restored ability to perform daily activities without pain. On average, their degree of function increased by 50 percent.
- 100% of patients who presented within eight weeks of occurrence had a decrease in the size of their disc herniations. On average, their disc herniations decreased by 52.5 percent, which means that the herniated disc was no longer pressing and irritating their nerves. This dramatic improvement was also exhibited by a 67.9 percent increase in their ability to perform daily activities without pain.
- 100% of patients who came in for treatment after having symptoms ranging from nine weeks to ten years saw a decrease in pain and an improved ability to perform daily activities. On average, these patients experienced a 45.2 percent increase in function. The MRIs also showed that 26.7 percent of these patients experienced a decrease in the size of their disc herniations.
- Overall, 96.4 percent of the patients we accepted for the DMR Method attained complete or significant relief of symptoms, regained the ability to perform daily activities and completely avoided surgery.
Although the results may seem astonishing, it’s important to understand that the DMR Method is so successful because of the protocol that helps identify if a patient is a candidate or not. In other words, we are skilled at identifying the people whom we can and can’t help. We refer those whom we can’t help to the appropriate medical specialists.
The DMR Method Difference
Joe had surgery on a lumbar disc herniation. The herniation reoccurred a few years later and instead of surgery again, he decided to try the DMR Method of non-surgical treatment at Hopkins Health & Wellness Center. Watch Joe tell his story and see his amazing results.
The DMR Method has already changed thousands of lives. It’s one of the biggest breakthroughs in non-surgical spine care in the past decade. In this video, a patient shares his story about his back and his recovery with the DMR Method.
You may be asking, What makes the DMR Method different from other back treatments?
I’d like to share the seven reasons why the DRM Method has such a high success rate.
- The DMR Method focuses on identifying and treating the true cause of a patient’s condition. The body has an amazing capacity to heal when obstacles to healing are removed. Too many back care programs focus on simply treating symptoms, or on strengthening muscles around the true cause of the problem. Inevitably, the results in such cases are disappointing and the patient’s condition can worsen until surgery is unavoidable.
- We learned from the first DMR Method study that the secret to successful treatment lies in the synergistic blending of elements of physical therapy, oscillating decompression traction, chiropractic care and self-care. Each of these elements is crucial; if one is neglected, the patient’s recovery will be compromised. For instance, while developing the DMR Method, physical therapists noticed that patients who were not getting skilled chiropractic care lagged behind in recovery.
- Many patients who come to Hopkins Health & Wellness Center for treatment have undergone many of the right treatments but at the wrong time. Consequently, they are disappointed with the results. One common mistake was participating in a strengthening based PT program before addressing the underlying structural cause of the condition. Strengthening is important, but needs to be done at the right time and in the right sequence. The DMR Method protocol prescribes the right treatment in the right order to produce rapid, predictable and positive results.
- The unique pull patterns of decompression traction developed by the physical therapy team at Hopkins Health & Wellness Center enhance short-term recovery rates. We ordered the best decompression traction table available and then used our expertise and experience to program the pull patterns for maximum effectiveness. This specific protocol is only available at Hopkins Health & Wellness Center.
- A unique blend of simple stabilization exercises along with pharmaceutical nutritional support and instruction on proper body mechanics enhances long-term recovery and prevents recurrence.
- The DMR Method treatment protocol is backed by years of clinical case study research that utilized pre- and post-treatment MRI scans to prove effectiveness. The clinical staff at Hopkins Health & Wellness Center, in partnership with one of the largest diagnostic imaging groups in the country and some of the top spine specialists in Minnesota, have produced one of the only clinical case studies of its kind in the country.
- Our team of knowledgeable, experienced and concerned clinicians is highly skilled and dedicated. They are determined to eliminate a patient’s symptoms as quickly as possible, to correct the underlying cause of the condition and to teach the patient how to prevent recurrence. They are now doing exactly that with thousands of patients every year.
If you or a loved one has been suffering from a herniated disc, sciatica, stenosis, numbness or pain in your extremities or chronic back and neck pain, the DMR Method just may be the solution you’ve been hoping for. While I cannot guarantee results, I’d like to stress that 96.4 percent of the patients we accept for care attain complete or significant relief from their symptoms, regain their ability to do the things they love to do and completely avoid surgery.
Here’s some more good news: the DMR Method qualifies for insurance coverage. You don’t need a referral, so call us or click on the “Free Consultations” tab for a free consultation. Don’t spend one more day in pain. An active, pain-free life may be just around the corner with the DMR Method.