Book your appointment online NOW!
Schedule your 30, 60 or 90 minute massage therapy session online by clicking the BOOK NOW button above or you can always call us at 218-568-5648 and talk to one of our staff for bookings or questions! See you soon!
When was the last time you took a step towards relaxation? Whether you feel as though you are too busy, or you’re waiting for the “right time” to set aside an hour for yourself, make this moment all about you. It doesn’t matter if you’ve never had a massage, or you don’t feel as though you can experience an hour by yourself to unwind, our massage therapists in Pequot Lakes are the perfect professionals to trust with relaxation and stress relief. However, if you’re not completely comfortable when it comes to massage therapy, you may have some questions. We’re here to give you the answers!
What is massage?
In the form of touch, our massage therapists will be able to provide you with relaxed muscles, increased overall well-being and decreased muscle pain. To keep our explanation simple, massage is a term for pressing, rubbing and manipulating your muscles, skin, tendons and ligaments. And, there are a variety of massages available for you to enjoy, including light stroke to deep pressure techniques.
Different types of massage include the following:
- Swedish massage – This technique provides clients with a gentle form of touch, providing a relaxing experience. A Swedish massage offers individuals relaxation and stress relief with long fluid strokes, kneading, tapping and circular movements. You can get your muscles to feel relaxed and your mind to feel energized.
- Deep tissue massage – This type of massage is used frequently by athletes, active individuals or those who are searching for a massage with firm pressure. A deep tissue massage focuses on pain-relieving techniques which include a slower stroke with forceful pressure to target deeper layers of muscle and connective tissues. A deep tissue massage is a great technique to schedule if you’ve been injured in a sport and are recovering from muscle soreness.
- Sports massage – Perfect for sports enthusiasts, this type of massage is great to provide active individuals with a relaxing, yet reviving massage through Swedish massage techniques mixed with stretching and active release techniques. If you want to relax, yet feel the benefits of a reviving and healing massage, a sports massage is an ideal option.
- Trigger point therapy – If you’re experiencing pain in a specific area, trigger point therapy may be the best option for you. This form of massage is perfect for individuals experiencing pain in the belly of a muscle. Commonly, this is due to the overuse of a muscle or an injury. Trigger point therapy focuses on pinpointing the source of the injury/pain with pressure into the belly of the muscle.
Benefits of Massage
There are many amazing benefits of massage, and the sooner you start, the sooner you’ll reap the rewards. We highly recommend you come into our Pequot Lakes location to experience a relaxing and revitalizing massage. We know we can help you overcome stress and help your body relax.
While more research may be able to confirm many of the benefits of massage therapy, research has shown massage may be helpful for treating:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Sports injuries
- Soft tissue injuries and/or strains
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ)